Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well that was easy.

The home-study meeting is done. I really liked the social worker. She was easy to talk to and seemed very at ease. Actually being able to do something besides just sitting and waiting did make me feel great. I really love the idea of making progress. Now we just need to do a few more things to have a completed home study and then we wait again. WAHOO I am learning patience in this process. And if you were wondering no movement on the list this week.

6 comments:

Christa said...

maybe this is a dumb question, but what is the home-study you speak of :)? I love your blog btw....don't know if I've ever commented, I'm just a stalker.

Tracie said...

I was wondering if there's been any movement. That's a bummer! But I'm glad you had a good homestudy visit!

Tina said...

Soooper great that you got a home study done. That is always great to check another thing off the list. Congratulations on one more step closer.

Lucky Daddy said...

Christa,
A home-study is where a social worker comes to our home or some times we go to their office and have an interview to make sure we are not dysfunctional and can take on have a child or taking one more!! And thanks for blog-stalking us..

Christa said...

well, I can't say I would ever want to agree to a home-study then. You're so awesome to put yourselves through all of that to add to your family. I'm always so impressed with people that adopt just because of how much you have to go through. I'm praying for you guys and I do check your blog often to see when you've moved up on the list :) But yeah, it's fun to hear from you too. We miss all of you out in EM!

Jayme said...

Glad to hear it went well. I was a nervous WRECK before mine! Many people told me "it's no big deal" but I still was nervous.

You're one step closer to your girl!!!