Monday, February 22, 2010

Peace

This song keeps running through my head today:

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev’ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav’nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: The hour is hast’ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Katharina von Schlegel, b. 1697 translated Jane Borthwick

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Thank you, Lucky Mama...

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. My heart is so heavy right now and this is just what I needed.

Christa said...

Thank you Ari. I needed that.