Friday, November 14, 2008

National Toy Hall of Fame

Well this is great!!! They have inducted the stick into the toy hall of fame. I am thrilled. While shopping for Christmas toys this year I was taken aback by the the amount of useless toys in the US. Honestly! So the stick will join the cardboard box in the national toy hall of fame.  I thought that my grandparents, my parents, my husband and I, and my children have all played with and enjoyed the stick. So congratulations to the stick I am actually thinking of wrapping up a stick to put under the tree for my kids, I'll even put it in a cardboard box.

To help you all reminisce about your own childhood I have found a list of the toys that are members of the National Toy Hall of Fame. 

Alphabet Blocks
Barbie (I disagree with this one)
Bicycle
Candy Land
Cardboard Box
Checkers
Crayola Crayons
Duncan Yo Yo Set
Erector Set
Etch a Sketch
Frisbee
G.I. Joe
Hula Hoop
Jack In The Box
Jacks
Jigsaw Puzzle
Jump Rope
LEGO
Lincoln Logs
Marbles
Monopoly
Mr. Potato Head
Play Dough
Radio Flyer Wagon
Raggedy Ann
Rocking Horse
Roller Skates
Scrabble
Silly Putty
Slinky
Stick
Teddy Bear
TinkerToy
Tonka Trucks
View Master


0 comments: